The Michigan Butterfly Network (MiBN) is a State-wide butterfly monitoring program that uses volunteer monitors to asses the changing status of our State's butterfly species. We are supported by regional hubs, land managers, local experts, and enthusiasts. On this website you will be able to:
- Find your local hub and learn how to become involved
- Start a local hub and host volunteers
- View some preliminary data
- Read a forum with posts from monitors, interns, and coordinators
- Explore our resources including our protocol, species lists, helpful tips, identification supplements and more
Training is necessary to become a butterfly monitor. The Kalamazoo Nature Center or your closest regional hub will provide you with training on how to follow the protocol of the Michigan Butterfly Network.
See posted dates below for 2015 workshops.