Become a Michigan Butterfly Network Partner City!
This project would not be possible without the involvement of partner organizations across Michigan. The Michigan Butterfly Network is continuously looking to extend its reach within the state to gain a more accurate account of the butterfly populations. We are looking for partner organizations across Michigan to join us in an effort to conserve our local butterfly populations.
A partner organization will:
- Advertise and publicize the Michigan Butterfly Network to attract and engage new volunteers in the region
- Hold monitor training sessions for volunteers in the spring of every year using established Michigan Butterfly Network protocol
- Work with volunteers to establish census routes and sites
- Manage and communicate with volunteers
- Participate in meetings, events, workshops, etc. for state-wide and regional collaborators
- Submit data to the Michigan Butterfly Netowrk
- View the full Regional Coordinator Description and contact Jennifer Meilinger with inquiries.
Training workshops are currently hosted in these cities:
Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Nature Center
Battle Creek - Binder Park Zoo
Ann Arbor - Ann Arbor Parks/Leslie Science & Nature Center
Detroit - Detroit Zoo & Belle Isle Conservancy
Port Huron - Friends of the St. Clair River
Flint - For Mar Nature Center
Grand Rapids - Blandford Nature Center
Traverse City - Grass River Natural Area